Direct Download for PixieLive-2.0

Since we had some problems with torrent, a direct download link for PixieLive-2.0 is available: http://pixielive.org/PixieLive-2.0.tar

Comments

1. On Wednesday, February 1 2012, 00:07 by albert

friends. where is the boot directory inside the tar? the tar ball has a lot of lzms, but no boot???
thanx. albert

2. On Wednesday, February 1 2012, 10:43 by Christian Lorandi

@albert:

may be you have a corrupted download, this is the md5sum: 0fd53805896d4e86d0eace776f0f45e3 *PixieLive-2.0.tar

3. On Thursday, February 9 2012, 16:42 by geco

Hi Christian,

I honestly think what you have done with PixieLive is really outstanding.
I launched it on my Nokia Booklet and it seems to be working flawlessly.

I am quite new to Linux but seeing what you have done inspires me to have a look at Gentoo and try to understand more what can be done with it.

I'll carry on using it and give you futher feedback but, for now, a big thank you.

Cheers,
geco

4. On Friday, February 10 2012, 09:04 by Christian Lorandi

@geko:

you are welcome,

i would like to work on PixieLive-3 with the new emgd-1.10 and kernel-3.2.5 (which solved the infamous excessive consumption issue introduced since 2.6.38) but i have really few time to work on it...

the system would be ready and working but packing the modules takes some time, and i don't have time :-) possibly i could release a beta without modules separation, just to allow people to use it, even if they cannot selectively remove programs

christian

5. On Sunday, February 19 2012, 03:44 by aoeu

Most people only add to the stuff, not remove from it.

Module separation isn't a big issue. Show us what you've got! :)

6. On Tuesday, May 15 2012, 22:22 by Redfish

I now get a "there are no trailing zero filled records" error when I open the .tar file in 7-zip. It might be me though. I redownloaded the tar 3 times already, and keep getting the same error. I also don't know if this is causing problems, because now after using bootinst it somehow doesn't seem to work anymore.

Could be a minor issue.

7. On Tuesday, February 26 2013, 13:00 by marcaux

good day!

i have a vaio p11z and can't get the resolution right. i tried forcing with the xemgd parameters, changing the xorg (rootcopy and changes dir) but nothing worked. pixie flickers at log in a few times but gets back to 13xx*768.

i shouldn't be the only vaio p owner here but why i am the only one with this problem :-P

best regards and thank you for providing an usable linux distribution to us :)

8. On Friday, March 1 2013, 14:22 by Christian Lorandi

@marcaux:

did you add the "mem=1900MB" to the boot parameters (in the bootloader screen)? (it's specifically for Vaio P, adjust the value for your ram, this is for 2BG RAM)

Christian